Need to catch up? Here are some food, agriculture and farm news stories you might have missed this week.
1. Climate plan puts price on carbon. Farmers are seeing benefits from California's cap and trade system to curb carbon pollution. The New York Times
2. GMO no? Two counties have approved laws banning cultivation of GM crops – will it be enough to spark federal action? Farm Futures
3. Australian beef meets Chipotle demand. Chipotle is turning to Australia to meet its demands for grassfed beef as its restaurant count grows. Beef Central
4. Staying ahead of El Nino. Asian governments are attempting to head off the potential agricultural impact of an expected El Nino with farmer education tools. Reuters
5. Drought drives goat demand. Business is booming for "goat operators" in California, where drought has driven demand for four-legged firefighters. KTVU
6. Online farm bill tools on the way. Universities have been selected for USDA funding to build online tools that help farmers understand the options available to them in the 2014 Farm Bill. Farm Progress
And your bonus:
Could you do it? A 125-lb. Nebraska woman ate two huge steak dinners – including nine pounds of meat – in record time at the famous Big Texan Steakhouse last weekend. Texas Monthly
This video is for the science nerds: What makes bacon smell so delicious?