Need to catch up? Here are some food, agriculture and farm stories you might have missed this week.
1. The big story. EPA follows through on RFS announcement after several delays. Farm Futures
2. More blender pumps. USDA funding seeks to double number of blender pumps for renewable fuels. Farm Progress
3. Water rule. EPA this week (in addition to releasing RFS numbers) rolled out its final WOTUS rule. Farm Futures
4. Hopping to hops. Traditionally corn and soy land, an Iowa man is turning farmland to hops, capitalizing on craft beer rise. Iowa City Press-Citizen
5. Pesticide-free zones. Even more EPA action, now on bees. Proposal would limit pesticide applications to blooming crops where bees have been contracted to pollinate. Reuters
6. Swiss cheese mystery. Solved: why there are fewer holes in today's swiss cheese. AP
7. Women in ag conference. Sens. Heidi Heitkamp, D-N.D., and Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., joined with USDA Deputy Secretary Krysta Harden on a conference this week discussing women's roles on farms. Inforum
And your bonus:
Not really news, but a little history lesson. This may entertain Case fans who happen to like cars. Houston Chronicle
I think it was "tweet that farm varmint" week. Glad I didn't get an opportunity to participate.
Checking corn in a bin and look what I found...and it has made a mess. pic.twitter.com/5slLKO4agX— Randy Uhrmacher (@Cornfrmr) May 26, 2015
Be careful opening those center pivot boxes pic.twitter.com/mkLLjmbztl— Trevor Smith (@GaFarmer80) May 26, 2015
See a new installment of '7 ag stories you might have missed' every Friday at 2 p.m. on Farm Futures and Farm Progress sites. And as always, keep up throughout the week with daily ag news and grain market updates by visiting us on Twitter or Facebook.
Browse the '7 ag stories' archives
5/22: Animal agriculture, California water, ag's Silicon Valley and farm-raised rocks
5/15: Ag grads and job demand, organic niche, Swedish oat milk and Blue Bell fix
5/8: Syngenta-Monsanto merger, 'cheaper' Whole Foods and the Hamburglar
5/1: Goat giveaway, bird flu biosecurity, fried foods and farm equipment tech tinkering