Need to catch up? Here are some food, agriculture and farm stories you might have missed this week.
1. Big vote. Election 2016 is more than a year away, but farmers are sharing their frontrunner pick. Farm Futures
2. Drone highway. Amazon proposes a special "drone highway" for delivering packages to customers. Forbes
3. We're lucky. Don’t take the three-week shelf life of milk for granted – some countries barely have a few hours. NPR
4. Russian sanction rewind. Remember the ag and food import sanctions of 2014 in Russia? The country is destroying those "leftovers" as people go hungry. Reuters
5. Turkey vaccine. A bird flu vaccine being developed is effective in chickens, USDA's Tom Vilsack said last month, but now Rep. Collin Peterson, D-Minn., says a turkey version is expected soon. Grand Forks Herald
6. Farm Futures survey. What's the prognosis for harvest 2015? What might USDA say in its Aug. 12 reports? Farmers answer, we share. Farm Futures
7. Investment opportunity. As land prices soften, pension plans, funds and everyday investors are looking to make a deal. Wall Street Journal
And your bonus:
Corn maze time. We shared a pretty cool corn maze tribute to the Blackhawks' winning season not too long ago – but here's a few more maze designs any sports fan would enjoy. Fansided
See a new installment of '7 ag stories you might have missed' every Friday at 2 p.m. on Farm Futures and Farm Progress sites. And as always, keep up throughout the week with daily ag news and grain market updates by visiting us on Twitter or Facebook.
Browse the '7 ag stories' archives
7/31: Highway bill, ag and science, farm trucks and sticky situations
7/24: GMO labeling, hospital farms, educated shrimp and rent-a-chicken program
7/17: E. coli, drought inventions, GMO safety, Icelandic cows and a pizza farm
7/10: Greek issues, worrying bullish beef markets and supporting the deep fryer