Need to catch up? Here are some food, agriculture and farm stories you might have missed this week.
1. Aerial view of farm profits. What can UAVs bring you? Farm Futures
2. Wild roots. Photographer captures the craziness that lives beneath switchgrass and prairie plants. National Geographic
3. Transportation bill moves on. House committee completes bill that includes truck weight provisions for milk haulers.
4. Mustard 'squeezed.' Mustard growers have their smallest crop in nine years, though consumers might not feel the pinch of higher prices too much. Reuters
5. Milkweed lawns. California homeowners are replacing lawns with milkweed, creating some concern. AP
7. Winter outlook: NOAA expects cooler, wetter conditions in the South; warmer temps in the West and North. Farm Progress
And your bonus:
Finally, a hot dog emoji. The wait was intense for some. Wall Street Journal
See a new installment of '7 ag stories you might have missed' every Friday at 2 p.m. on Farm Futures and Farm Progress sites. And as always, keep up throughout the week with daily ag news and grain market updates by visiting us on Twitter or Facebook.
Browse the '7 ag stories' archives
10/16: Pork on the menu, GMO opt-out, expensive pumpkin pies and following 'Chip'
10/9: Waters of the U.S. stay, Trans-Pacific Partnership and agriculture, and thriving co-ops
10/2: PEDV cause, new ag ed center, synthetic leaves, rural internet and city dogs
9/25: Women of harvest, propane inventories, farm safety, incomes and investment