"Bridging the Gap, It's Everyone's Ag" is the theme of the 8th annual Iowa Women in Agriculture Conference. It will be held July 29th at the FFA Enrichment Center in Ankeny. Conference topics will address a range of challenges faced by women in farming today: marketing, financial risk management, estate and transition planning, health insurance and taxes, leasing land, beginning farmer programs and the care and handling of big data.
A lineup of very interesting topics and speakers
Jolene Brown, a West Branch, Iowa, farmer, author and popular speaker will tackle the topic of "Who's Hiding the Humor?" The conference kicks off at 8 a.m., and concludes at 5 p.m. Scheduled workshops and presenters include:
* "Beginning and Advanced Farm Management/Leasing," by Don Kearn and Glen Smith, Smith Land Service Co.
* "Helping New Farmers Gain a Foothold," by Steve Ferguson, Iowa Agricultural Development Authority
* "Maximizing Big Data in Your Operation," by Chris Gaesser, Lenox, Iowa, farmer
* "Deciphering Health Insurance & Taxes," by Kirk Bond, Accounting and Tax Professionals
* "FarmHer: Updating the Face of Agriculture," by Marji Guyler-Alaniz
* "Beginning and Advanced Marketing," by Elaine Kub, Kub Asset Advisory
* "Nutrient Management Strategies," by Dean Lemke, Agribusiness Association of Iowa
* "Staying in the Know: Ag Finance," by Angie Treptow, Farm Credit Services of America
* "Estate Planning Done Right: Your Farm, Your Family, Your Plan," by Paul Folkers, Midwest Capital, Inc.
Theme this year is "Bridging The Gap, It's Everyone's Ag"
A complimentary wine and cheese welcome networking reception will be held on Monday evening, July 28, from 5 to 7 p.m. at Courtyard by Marriott Ankeny. Conference registration begins at 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday.
The cost of the conference is $70, including the evening welcome reception, continental breakfast, and lunch. Registration is due by July 21 (No refunds). All early paid registrants are eligible to win a free mini iPad. For more information, contact IWIA president Deb Schuler at Smith Land Service Co., 712-249-4321 or 712-243-4444 or visit the website.
Conference sponsors include: Premier sponsor Farm Credit Services of America, DuPont Pioneer, Iowa Pork Producers Association, Iowa Soybean Association, Smith Land Service, Co., Iowa Farm Bureau Federation and the Iowa Bankers Association.