ISU Complex Honors Couple

Dedication of the Harold and Rachel Crawford Agricultural Teacher Education Complex at Iowa State University was in October, as part of Homecoming Weekend. The Crawford Classroom facilities are newly renovated and located in Curtiss Hall on the Ames campus. It offers state-of-the-art equipment for students and offices for graduate students. Donors provided more than $110,000 for the renovations.

Harold, emeritus ag education professor, received his bachelor's in 1950, master's in 1965 and doctorate in 1969, all from ISU. The idea to dedicate space to honor Harold and Rachel began five years ago.

At the dedication last fall, Robert Martin, ISU ag education and studies professor, presented the Crawfords with a certificate stating the facilities would be named in their honor. "The idea to expand the gift came from the Crawfords' three sons," says Martin. "We soon had support for the renovations from several donors. It didn't take long for the many friends and former students to step forward with donations and get the ball rolling."

After nearly 60 years, Harold is still passionate about teaching. He's received numerous awards for his skills and dedication, including the outstanding international service award, alumni medal for distinguished service to Iowa State and the lifetime achievement award from the regional, state and national associations of agricultural educators. He's also received the ISU College of Agriculture and Life Sciences George Washington Carver Distinguished Service Award.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish