The burgeoning seed treatment market is getting an added player with the news this week that Nufarm is entering the market. The company is already marketing Senator, which rolled out in 2008. By the end of this year, Nufarm expects to have 15 products in its line.
New products to be introduced this year include:
- Sativa318 FS: (tebuconazole) a broad-spectrum fungicide treatment that protects against wide range of diseases in cereal grains, soybeans, and other crops.
- Sativa M RTU: (tebuconazole and metalaxyl) a convenient ready-to-pour formulation designed for easy on-farm treatment.
- Sativa IM RTU: (tebuconazole, imidacloprid and metalaxyl) r extremely broad-spectrum disease and insect control.
- Sativa IM Max: (tebuconazole, imidacloprid and metalaxyl) higher imidacloprid load extends early-season insect control.
- Signet480 FS: (metalaxyl) a fungicide treatment for control of damping-off, Phytophthora, and other soil-borne diseases in a broad range of crops.
- Spera240 FS: (myclobutanil) fungicide seed treatment for sore shin and black root rot in cotton.
Existing products include Senator(TM) 600 FS (imidacloprid) for systemic, early-season insect control and Sebring 2.65 ST (metalaxyl), for systemic control of Pythium and Phytophthora